Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Caregiver's Story of HOPE--for everyone!

     I came across your blog and really identified with a lot of your writing. My name is Cameron Von St. James and I was thrown into the role of caregiver when my wife, Heather was diagnosed with a very rare and deadly cancer called mesothelioma, just three months after the birth of our only child.  We were initially told that she could have less than 15 months to live, but she was able to defy the odds and eventually beat the cancer.

       During her treatment, I had to learn quickly to be an effective caregiver, and there were many times when I became overwhelmed and beaten down by the role, but we managed to fight through it together.  We recently participated in a short video about my wife's cancer experience, which we hope to use to raise awareness and support for people fighting illness, and the caregivers who fight alongside them. Here is the link to the video:  http://can.cr/heather

       I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing this video on your blog? I know that cancer isn't necessarily the focus of your blog,  but a positive, uplifting story about overcoming an illness can be a huge help to any sort of caregiver when they're feeling down!   I'd love to share our message of hope with your readers who might take something away from it.  Please take a moment to watch it, and let me know if you think it's something you'd be interested in sharing on your blog.
    
     P.S. Obviously my answer was a resounding YES!

3 comments:

  1. Uplifting and inspiring, love reading your blog.
    adult care chandler az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your message and article of hope, every readers will be inspired.
    wheelchair to toilet transfer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a caregiver for someone with Alzheimer's disease is a challenging position to be stable in my work, however, there are some important steps that I can do to make it easier on myself and my loved one.

    Dementia Clinic

    ReplyDelete